Formed in 1894, Craigsville Presbyterian Church has played a leading role in the community throughout its history.
At its height in the 1950s, there were 300 members, many of whom were involved in town, civic and business leadership. When the industry that supported the thriving town left, there was a profound effect on the community and its people. Today, Craigsville is rural, impoverished and struggling.
Craigsville Presbyterian Church continues to be a committed congregation even though its average weekly attendance is about 10. Holding the congregation together is a heart to share the love of Christ, transform lives, and build relationships as we serve a community filled with tremendous needs.
Despite our small size, in partnership with six other nearby houses of worship, CPC shares in multiple ministries for the community. We continue to be the hands, feet and heart of Christ in Craigsville and the surrounding areas.